SHOCKING: Soldier allegedly stabs Tailor for disrespecting him in Ibadan. |MarvelTvUpdates

‘Ali Abubakar’ a tailor in Ibadan, in Oyo State, was stabbed by Audu Abubakar a soldier attached to the Letmauck Barracks for allegedly disrespecting him in the Sabo area of Ibadan on Thursday, July 29.

It was gathered that this incident happened when Ali went to visit his friend Saheed in Sabo. Saheed was not around so he waited for him in his shop and the soldier’s colleague was also waiting for Saheed.

Narrating the incident while receiving treatment, Ali said Audu came into the shop and asked about Saheed but he didn’t respond because he thought he was talking to his colleague who was also inside the shop

Ali stated, “I went to the shop to see my childhood friend, but he went to the mosque to pray, so I waited for him. I met a soldier in the shop, sat and started fiddling with my phone.

“A few minutes later, Audu came and asked of Saheed; I thought he was talking to his colleague and I didn’t answer him; it was when I heard him barking: ‘Are you deaf’?’ that I looked up and he slapped me and started abusing me. I told him that if I was the one he was referring to as deaf, then he should not talk to me that way; Audu and his friend then started beating me.

“While they were beating me and tearing my clothes, I tried my best to leave there and went to the palace to report to the elders in the area, who pleaded with me to let the incident pass and change my clothes.

“About an hour after the incident, I went back to collect my phone from the person I gave it to when the soldiers were beating me. My friend had already come back and we were discussing and the next thing I saw was that Audu took a knife and stabbed me in my left hand.

“I escaped from there and he still chased after me with the knife. It was from where I escaped to that I was rushed to hospital and I have been there since. I was given two pints of blood in the hospital. I don’t have any sensation on three of my fingers right now.”

An officer in the Public Relations Department of the 2 Division, Lt Christopher Agu, who confirmed the incident, said investigation was ongoing

“I just called the admin officer there and he said the matter is under investigation,” he said

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *