Not fewer than three lives have been claimed in a gas explosion that rocked Ojekunle street in the Ladipo area of Mushin in Lagos State.
Lagos fire service confirms the death of three male adults.
The explosion was caused by shops filled with gas cylinders.
The scene of the explosion happens to be an open space where businesses like spare parts, beer parlour, mechanic workshop and had shop amongst others.
The Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Margaret Adeseye, The Director Of Lagos State Fire And Rescue Service also confirmed that three persons lost their lives during the explosion.
She wrote, “The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service is currently attending to a Gas Explosion at 21, Ojekunle Street, Ladipo, Mushin Lagos.
“The Gas incident which was reported at 08:42 hours Tuesday morning via the State emergency reporting platform was swiftly responded to by a combination of the State first and secondary responders.
“On arrival at the scene, it was discovered that it is an open space used for several activities including a beer parlour, mechanic workshop, spare parts sale and gas shop amongst others while housing a makeshift structure.
“Three male adults had been recovered as rescue and recovery operations continue in an environment isolated from causing any further secondary incident.
“Preliminary investigations to establish the fact of the incident continue and further discovery will be made public.”
As at the time of filing this report, MarvelTvUpdates discovered that the death toll have risen to 5, a woman and a 10 year old boy.